What are hashtags?
Hashtags are a pound sign immediately followed by a word or concept (with no space between the words) used to place you in categories. Hashtags are used on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google search…
Why should you use hashtags?
The use of hashtags expands the reach of your post to everyone looking to that keyword or phrase.
Which hashtags should you use?
1. Industry Hashtags: They help to define the industry your brand is in. #redwine #wineandbeer #wineandspirits
2. Lifestyle Hashtags: What are your demographic’s lifestyle and hobbies, and how do they refer to them? #boysnightout #momsinsoho #winenightout
3. Event Hashtags: Are great to get your content. #winetastingnyc #saturdaynightwinos
4. Location Hashtags: Are key to local clients for locally-based companies. #nycsoho
5. Product Hashtags: Use hashtags that both connect your product and your market. #wineandsoho #redwinetastingsohonyc
If you need help designing and developing your content, let’s talk!